Friends of the Dunedin Botanic Garden
Established in 1863, the first in New Zealand, the Garden was originally located on the site now occupied by the University of Otago. After flooding in 1867 the Garden was relocated to its present 32 hectare position.
Since the turn of the century the garden plant collections have been developed along generic, thematic and geographical lines. They now include an impressive rock garden, four hectares of rhododendron dell, an Edwardian conservatory and extensive native plant collection.
Dunedin Botanic Garden is a botanical, conservational and educational resource. It also provides a place for recreation and aesthetic pleasure.
Follow us on Facebook